On-site Photo Policy:
Shade Home & Garden maintains a strict policy against the use of its property (all interior spaces, exterior grounds, etc.) for unauthorized professional, amateur or commercial photography/videography purposes. All photo shoot requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance to the date of the requested shoot before they can be considered.
Photo Shoots for Professional or Amateur Photography:
Photo shoots must be arranged in advance, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. A $25 site fee will be charged for all Family sessions, Engagement/Wedding sessions and Fashion sessions. All other photography will need to be approved, and may or may not be charged a site fee. We ask that if you are posting to social media such as Instagram, Facebook or a photography blog that Shade receives credit as the location. Please note, that if you have not received approval you will be asked to cease the photography session.
Videography: Will be considered on a case-by-case basis. A site fee would apply. Please contact Shade for details.
All photo shoots/videography will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Projects may be denied due to space issues, time of year, etc.
We also ask that you respect our other guests/customers and not block any areas or walkways of the store.–Please see those guidelines below–
Shade has the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold or withdraw consent to photograph and video (or to reproduce photographs or video) of Shade Home & Garden.
- Photographer promises to defer all convenience to customers of Shade.
- Photographer will not obstruct any thoroughfare, aisleway, etc. with model staging or equipment but instead will protect foot traffic areas for the benefit of Shade customers and its employees.
- Shade restrooms will not be used for a changing/dressing room area. If a changing/dressing room is needed, the Bridal Room can be approved for this purpose upon request.
- Please check our store hours as they change seasonally. Acceptable photography times are 30 minutes after Shade opening time and can be taken until 30 minutes prior to Shade closing, Monday through Saturday.
- Photo shoots are limited to 1 hour.
- No defacing of Shade property including but not limited to, moving of retail goods such as benches and planters, plants, gift shop goods, etc. to aid in staging.
Keep in mind, these policies and guidelines are not meant to be restrictive, but simply to help avoid operational challenges, space conflicts and interruption for customers utilizing our property.
Further questions? Please contact Shade